Younus Khan escapes ODI axe as Pak chief selector happy with his Test form
Karachi: Younus Khan’s One-Day International (ODI) form is being questioned due to his repeated failures in this version, but his 29 and 82 in the first Test, and 32 in the first-innings of the ongoing second Test has made selectors confident about him.
The Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) Chief Selector Iqbal Qasim, who was unhappy with the former captain’s performance in the ODI series, has now expressed his satisfaction with Younus’ performance in Tests.
Qasim had earlier said that the selection committee will discuss the ODI future of the experienced batsman.
“It’s a good to see him scoring runs in the Tests. He has regained his form, which is a good sign for the team.
“We’re satisfied with his performance. The team has fought back with a good batting show in the second match and that’s also a good sign,” Qasim told a newspaper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video