Younus meets Butt, sorts out differences
Karachi: Former Pakistan captain Younus Khan may get another chance to play for Pakistan in the one-day and Test series against South Africa, following his long-awaited meeting with PCB Chairman Ijaz Butt on Wednesday.
Sources aware of the developments said that Younus had met the Pakistan Cricket Board chief over lunch at his private office and the duo sorted out misunderstandings between them.
The sources also said that with the doctors ruling out Mohammad Yousuf for the ODI series due to a hamstring injury, Younus is expected to take his place in the squad.
“The long wait for Younus is over and he will be back in the team after nine long months,” the source said.
PCB Chairman refused to give clearance to the selectors to consider Younus for the last few months although an appellate tribunal had lifted the indefinite ban on the former captain in July.
The PCB had banned or fined seven players including Younus in March for indiscipline and misconduct on the tour to Australia early this year.
The sources said Yousuf had been ruled out of the ODI series as he had been advised two to three weeks rest for his hamstring injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi