Younus meets Butt, sorts out differences
Karachi: Former Pakistan captain Younus Khan may get another chance to play for Pakistan in the one-day and Test series against South Africa, following his long-awaited meeting with PCB Chairman Ijaz Butt on Wednesday.
Sources aware of the developments said that Younus had met the Pakistan Cricket Board chief over lunch at his private office and the duo sorted out misunderstandings between them.
The sources also said that with the doctors ruling out Mohammad Yousuf for the ODI series due to a hamstring injury, Younus is expected to take his place in the squad.
“The long wait for Younus is over and he will be back in the team after nine long months,” the source said.
PCB Chairman refused to give clearance to the selectors to consider Younus for the last few months although an appellate tribunal had lifted the indefinite ban on the former captain in July.
The PCB had banned or fined seven players including Younus in March for indiscipline and misconduct on the tour to Australia early this year.
The sources said Yousuf had been ruled out of the ODI series as he had been advised two to three weeks rest for his hamstring injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach