Yousuf embroiled in a controversy between the two BPL clubs
Karachi: Former Pakistan captain Mohammad Yousuf has become embroiled in a controversy for being involved in a dispute between two premier clubs of the Bangladesh Premier League – Mohammadan Sporting Club and Victoria Club.
“It is a strange and an unheard situation here. I have never found myself in such a position before in my career,” Yousuf was quoted, as saying.
Yousuf said a final decision would now be taken at a meeting of the league’s organising committee soon, a daily reports.
“I came here to play because I don`t want to lose touch with cricket,” he said.
The dispute arose when Victoria, who signed Yousuf for the one-day competition, claimed that they had included him in their playing XI after his former club, Mohammadan issued him a no-objection certificate.
But Mohammadan described the clearance letter as fake and, subsequently, a third club Abhani refused to complete a match against Victoria in which Yousuf was playing, leading to the suspension of the tournament.
Latif ur Rehman Badal, who issued the clearance letter to Yousuf in January this year, however, rejected the claims.
“Yousuf had played for Mohammadan last season but since he had offers from Victoria and other clubs this season, he sought the clearance from us as per the league’s regulations,” Badal said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory