Yousuf in trouble with Bangladesh intelligence
Lahore: Pakistan`s former captain Mohammad Yousuf is in trouble as he is being investigated by the Bangladesh intelligence agencies for allegedly submitting a fake clearance letter to play in the Dhaka league.
The Bangladesh Cricket Board has handed over the matter to the intelligence agencies after participating clubs in the Dhaka Premier League which remains suspended refused to resume playing in the event until the Yousuf matter was resolved.
The BCB had to step in after Yousuf appeared for the Victoria sporting club in the league against Abhani club on March 28.
The same day Abhani refused to complete the match insisting that since Yousuf had played for the Mohammadan club the previous year he was not eligible to play for Victoria.
Abhani also claimed that the NOC letter submitted by Yousuf on behalf of Mohammadan club was fake and fraud.
Yousuf when contacted in Lahore insisted that he had no role to play in the whole issue.
"I don`t understand what is the fuss is about. The NOC letter was given to me by the Victoria club which obtained it after signing me on to play for them in the Dhaka league. Now whether it is a fake or genuine how should I know," he said.
Yousuf, who has not played for Pakistan since November, 2010, also made it clear that he was approached by Victoria to play for them and he agreed after being under the impression that he could play for a different club in the Dhaka league after obtaining clearance from his previous employers.
"That was my impression as that is the international cricket law. I went to Dhaka after being given a copy of the NOC and clearance by Victoria. They obtained the NOC from Mohammadan it had nothing to do with me," he insisted.
Yousuf also said that he would neither approach the Pakistan Cricket Board for assistance or hire any legal help as it was a internal mater of the Bangladesh Cricket Board.
"It is for them to sort out things. But I am disappointed with all this controversy," he added.
Under BCB rules, a player can only represent another club in the Dhaka league after one year and if he obtains NOC from his previous employers.
Abhani claims that Mohammadan have not given any NOC to Yousuf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo