Yousuf not happy with Latif`s decision to turn PCB offer
Karachi: Former Pakistan captain Mohammad Yousuf has expressed disappointment at Rashid Latif`s decision to turn down an offer from the Cricket Board (PCB) to become the chief selector.
"I am disappointed but at the same time I realise that no honest and straight-forward person will be able to work in the present system of the board," Yousuf said today.
"When Rashid (Latif) was named as chief selector last month all the former players appreciated his appointment because of his reputation of being a honest and committed man to Pakistan cricket," he said.
"But it is understandable why Rashid has refused to take up this assignment given the present system of the board which does not allow the right man in the cricket system," he added.
Yousuf, who was recommended by Latif to be a member of the national selection committee, made it clear that he too was not interested in becoming a national selector now.
"I agreed to become national selector because of Rashid if he is not there what will I do there," he questioned.
Sources say Yousuf`s nomonation became a bone of contention as the PCB is still unhappy with the former batsman for his stingy comments on television as an expert.
Yousuf made his Test debut under the captaincy of Latif in 1998 and largely credits the former wicketkeeper-batsman for pushing his case to play international cricket.
Yousuf also blamed Mohammad Hafeez for Pakistan`s horrible performance in the recent World T20 in Bangladesh.
"He is to blame and for his poor decisions the team and Pakistan cricket has suffered," he said.
Yousuf also said that testing days lay ahead for Pakistan cricket with the World Cup due in early 2015.
"I don`t know but some really sagacious decisions are required to put things on the right track. To me the biggest concern is that most of the present batsmen in the team need proper coaching to improve their technique and skills to be consistent at the top level and under all conditions," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org