Yousuf says ''ultimate aim'' is to return to international cricket
Lahore: Pakistani batsman Mohammad Yousuf has said he is looking forward to prove his credentials and lead the Lahore Lions to the best of his abilities to qualify for next year’s Champions League Twenty20 event.
"I’m looking forward to do well in the tournament to prove my credentials and lead the Lahore Lions to the best of my abilities to qualify for the next year’s Champions League Twenty20 event. I would try my best to clinch the tournament for Lahore Lions," The Nation quoted Yousuf, as saying.
Yousuf is hopeful of regaining a place in national team for the tours of India and South Africa, after participating in the upcoming domestic national Twenty20 tournament to be played in Karachi from December 2 to 10.
"My aim is to return to international cricket by proving my form and fitness. I can’t say if I’ll be selected for the series against India or South Africa as it’s up to the selection committee and the Pakistan Cricket Board ," Yousuf said.
The 38-year-old cricketer, who has been seeking to participate in international cricket after a gap of almost two years, has failed to get the green signal from national selectors due to fitness issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala