Yuvi launches drive to detect cancer at early stage
Kolkata: Yuvraj Singh has battled cancer with flying colours and now the India`s World Cup hero has launched a drive to detect the dreaded disease at the early stages for a successful cure.
The stylish left-hander on Monday joined hands with the Apollo Gleneagles Cancer Hospital through which they would screen one lakh people in next six months for the disease.
"It`s very close to my heart and I want it to grow. I believe all of us can join hands to save lives," Yuvraj said at the pact of Yuvraj Singh Foundation`s YouWeCan and the Apollo Gleneagles Cancer Hospital.
"It feels great to be playing again. My team, family and friends have played a huge supportive role," Yuvraj who was diagnosed with a stage-1 cancerous tumour in his left lung in 2011, said.
Yuvraj successfully underwent three cycles of chemotherapy in the United States and returned to action after battling a germ cell cancer in September for a T20 International against New Zealand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today