Yuvraj back in top-20, Raina best-placed Indian at number 3
Dubai: The fit-again Yuvraj Singh on Thursday broke into the top-20 while Suresh Raina got a major confidence booster ahead of the World T20 in Sri Lanka, emerging as the highest-placed Indian batsmen at number three, in the latest ICC Player Rankings for the shortest format.
Apart from Raina, no other Indian featured in the top-10 chart for batsmen, which is being headed by New Zealand`s Brendon McCullum, followed by big-hitting West Indian Chris Gayle.
Recovering from a rare germ cell cancer, Yuvraj re-entered the list in the 15th spot, after marking his return with 34 against New Zealand in Chennai on Tuesday.
There was no Indian in the top-20 bowling chart as well -- the list headed by Pakistan off-spinner Saeed Ajmal and followed by England`s Graeme Swann and Johan Botha of South Africa.
Among all-rounders, Australia`s Shane Watson held the number-one rank with his highest-ever rating of 475, achieved in the series against Pakistan.
Meanwhile, England head into the World T20 as the number-one ranked team on the ICC T20 Championship table.
England levelled the three-match series against South Africa 1-1 with a win in the third and final match to reclaim the top spot. South Africa trialled England by just one rating point.
Pakistan`s 2-1 series win over Australia has ensured that they retain the pre-series position of sixth, while George Bailey`s team continued to be ninth in the rankings.
India have slipped to seventh from fourth position after the loss to New Zealand in the only game possible in the T20 two-match series, while Ross Taylor`s side was ranked fifth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video