Yuvraj feeling weak after second cycle of chemo
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh, who is currently undergoing treatments for lung cancer in the USA, has informed that his conditions would be assessed on March 7, the day when a scan would take place.
Yuvraj also informed that his second chemo cycle has finished on Thursday and he was feeling week after that. He, however, hoped that tomorrow his condition would be better.
Yuvraj wrote on micro blogging site Twitter: “Second cycle has finished today ! Had a bleomycin shot feeling weak but I`m sure tom will be a better day ! My next scan dated on 7th march (sic).”
Yuvraj Singh is currently undergoing treatment for rare germ cell cancer in Boston. He is expected to be back in his cricketing gear by May, according to his doctor. The treatment will continue till the last week of March.
He has so far scored 8,051 runs in 274 one-dayers and 1,775 runs in 37 Tests since making his international debut in 2000.
He was named Player of the Tournament in the World Cup for scoring 362 runs and grabbing 15 wickets in nine matches.
During the treatment, Yuvraj had been paid a visit by legendary former Indian spinner Anil Kumble.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends