Yuvraj feeling weak after second cycle of chemo
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh, who is currently undergoing treatments for lung cancer in the USA, has informed that his conditions would be assessed on March 7, the day when a scan would take place.
Yuvraj also informed that his second chemo cycle has finished on Thursday and he was feeling week after that. He, however, hoped that tomorrow his condition would be better.
Yuvraj wrote on micro blogging site Twitter: “Second cycle has finished today ! Had a bleomycin shot feeling weak but I`m sure tom will be a better day ! My next scan dated on 7th march (sic).”
Yuvraj Singh is currently undergoing treatment for rare germ cell cancer in Boston. He is expected to be back in his cricketing gear by May, according to his doctor. The treatment will continue till the last week of March.
He has so far scored 8,051 runs in 274 one-dayers and 1,775 runs in 37 Tests since making his international debut in 2000.
He was named Player of the Tournament in the World Cup for scoring 362 runs and grabbing 15 wickets in nine matches.
During the treatment, Yuvraj had been paid a visit by legendary former Indian spinner Anil Kumble.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know