Yuvraj, Rahul guide India A to 93-run win over West Indies A
Bangalore: An inspired Yuvraj Singh once again led from the front with an all-round effort while leg-spinner Rahul Sharma produced a five-for as India `A` cantered to a crushing 93-run win in the one-off Twenty20 match against the West Indies `A` here on Saturday.
Opting to bat, the hosts posted a mammoth 214 for seven, before bowling out the visitors for just 121 in 16.3 overs at the Chinnaswamy Stadium, which witnessed Andre Russell creating a record in List A cricket as he grabbed four wickets in as many balls in a sensational bowling effort, which, however, went in vain.
Before picking up two wickets, Yuvraj had stroked his way to a 35-ball 52, hitting four boundaries and three sixes. Both Unmukt Chand (47 off 29) and Kedar Jadhav (42 off 21) belted four fours and two sixes each in their brisk knocks.
With the ball, Rahul was by far the most impressive bowler, returning impressive figures of five for 23 on a pitch where his teammates plundered runs at will. The win could be called a consolation for the hosts after the 1-2 defeat in the unofficial ODI series.
Earlier, after being carted around by the Indian batsmen, the West Indies `A`, albeit a little too late into the innings, found their man in Russell who dismissed Jadhav, Yuvraj (52), Naman Ojha (0) and Yusuf Pathan (0) in the first four deliveries of the penultimate over.
The damage had, however, been done by then as the hosts closed in on 200. Seeking to make a comeback to the Indian team, Yuvraj put on a handy 80-run partnership for the fourth wicket with Jadhav, capitalising on a good start given by Uthappa and Chand for the first wicket. The opening duo put on 74 runs in 6.4 overs before they were separated.
The left-handed Yuvraj was merciless against some wayward bowling and played shots at will before edging Russell to West Indies `A` captain Kieran Powell at midwicket.
Jhadav, who was sent into bat ahead of Yusuf, did not disappoint. Initially, Jadhav even outscored Yuvraj. He was a treat to watch as he collected runs with his lofted and ground shots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4
- Could 3D printing save our coral reefs? - Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor has a Bollywood style icon and he is a BIGGIE!
- Yemen suicide bombing: At least 45 dead so far