Yuvraj shines again, India Blue post 345/4
Indore: Playing yet another innings of substance in his comeback bid, Yuvraj Singh hit a blistering half-century as India Blue batted superbly to post a massive 345 for four against India Red in the Challengers Series, here today.
Both Yuvraj and opener P Akshat Reddy scored 84 runs each but former`s knock came off just 53 balls as he punished the India Red bowler with 11 boundaries, including five sixes.
eddy`s 84 came off 96 balls with five fours and two shots over the fence.
Abhishek Nayar also tormented the rival bowlers with his fiery unbeaten 75-run knock that came off just 39 balls.
Yuvraj and Nayar plundered 151 runs in just 13 overs in their fourth wicket partnership, which ended with former`s run out in the last over of the innings.
Now Yuvraj has one century and three half-centuries in his last five matches, after being handed a career lifeline by the BCCI with inclusion in India A team for the series against the West Indies A.
India Red skipper Yusuf Pathan`s decision to invite the Blues to bat seemed all right as they had kept the rival batsmen under a leash and had also scalped Naman Ojha cheaply at the start.
However, that rejoicing period was short as Reddy found a good partner in Manish Pandey. They not only negated the early strike but soon put their side in the driver`s seat with their determined and fearless batting.
They raised a 143-run stand for the second wicket, setting the stage for Yuvraj and Nayar to rip apart the bowlers in the slog overs.
The two batsmen hammered the bowlers to all around the park as India Blue scored 162 runs in the last 15 overs. Nayar hit six four and four sixes in his knock.
None of the Red bowlers could make an impact but medium fast bowler Suraj Yadav was the expensive as he bled 84 runs in his 10-over quota.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed