Yuvraj Singh gets service tax notice
Chandigarh: The Central Excise Department has issued a show cause notice to cricketer Yuvraj Singh, seeking payment of service tax to the tune of Rs 46.60 lakh on his income from promotional activity.
The service tax dues pertained to the year 2012-13, a senior official of Central Excise Department Chandigarh region said here today.
The notice, which was pasted outside the house of cricketer in Manimajra here, was issued under the Support Services of Business or Commerce under section 65 (104c) of the Finance Act.
The tax demand was raised on the payment of Rs 4.14 crore which Yuvraj Singh received from Sahara Adventure Sports for carrying out promotional activity, official said.
However, Yuvraj has already paid Rs 36 lakh as service tax to the department while balance was still remaining to be paid, official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning