Yuvraj Singh gets service tax notice
Chandigarh: The Central Excise Department has issued a show cause notice to cricketer Yuvraj Singh, seeking payment of service tax to the tune of Rs 46.60 lakh on his income from promotional activity.
The service tax dues pertained to the year 2012-13, a senior official of Central Excise Department Chandigarh region said here today.
The notice, which was pasted outside the house of cricketer in Manimajra here, was issued under the Support Services of Business or Commerce under section 65 (104c) of the Finance Act.
The tax demand was raised on the payment of Rs 4.14 crore which Yuvraj Singh received from Sahara Adventure Sports for carrying out promotional activity, official said.
However, Yuvraj has already paid Rs 36 lakh as service tax to the department while balance was still remaining to be paid, official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you