Yuvraj Singh gets service tax notice
Chandigarh: The Central Excise Department has issued a show cause notice to cricketer Yuvraj Singh, seeking payment of service tax to the tune of Rs 46.60 lakh on his income from promotional activity.
The service tax dues pertained to the year 2012-13, a senior official of Central Excise Department Chandigarh region said here today.
The notice, which was pasted outside the house of cricketer in Manimajra here, was issued under the Support Services of Business or Commerce under section 65 (104c) of the Finance Act.
The tax demand was raised on the payment of Rs 4.14 crore which Yuvraj Singh received from Sahara Adventure Sports for carrying out promotional activity, official said.
However, Yuvraj has already paid Rs 36 lakh as service tax to the department while balance was still remaining to be paid, official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Deepika Padukone enters 'world`s highest-paid actresses' list
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding