Yuvraj Singh gets service tax notice
Chandigarh: The Central Excise Department has issued a show cause notice to cricketer Yuvraj Singh, seeking payment of service tax to the tune of Rs 46.60 lakh on his income from promotional activity.
The service tax dues pertained to the year 2012-13, a senior official of Central Excise Department Chandigarh region said here today.
The notice, which was pasted outside the house of cricketer in Manimajra here, was issued under the Support Services of Business or Commerce under section 65 (104c) of the Finance Act.
The tax demand was raised on the payment of Rs 4.14 crore which Yuvraj Singh received from Sahara Adventure Sports for carrying out promotional activity, official said.
However, Yuvraj has already paid Rs 36 lakh as service tax to the department while balance was still remaining to be paid, official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann must be refrained from entering into Parliament: JD(U)
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan, thousands start hunting and capturing monsters
- Oppressed Dalits will teach a lesson to BJP: Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat
- Una incident: Dalit victim back in hospital ahead of Rahul Gandhi’s visit under 'political pressure'
- Chinese anti-graft protest leader arrested for taking bribes