Yuvraj Singh gets service tax notice
Chandigarh: The Central Excise Department has issued a show cause notice to cricketer Yuvraj Singh, seeking payment of service tax to the tune of Rs 46.60 lakh on his income from promotional activity.
The service tax dues pertained to the year 2012-13, a senior official of Central Excise Department Chandigarh region said here today.
The notice, which was pasted outside the house of cricketer in Manimajra here, was issued under the Support Services of Business or Commerce under section 65 (104c) of the Finance Act.
The tax demand was raised on the payment of Rs 4.14 crore which Yuvraj Singh received from Sahara Adventure Sports for carrying out promotional activity, official said.
However, Yuvraj has already paid Rs 36 lakh as service tax to the department while balance was still remaining to be paid, official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre