Yuvraj Singh keen to open cricketing facility at Himachal
Dharamsala: Indian all-rounder Yuvraj Singh on Tuesday was impressed by the passion and talent of local cricketers here and expressed his interest in opening up cricketing facility at various locations of the state.
"I am very excited to see the kind of interest the kids in the state have for the sport. The enormous talent and passion among the kids has struck a thought in my mind to provide a platform to them to enhance their skills," he said.
"It is a pleasure to see this outstanding infrastructure that HPCA has developed for the cricket enthusiasts in the state. I have played so much at these facilities and now I feel it would be a dream come true to see a Yuvraj Singh Centre of Excellence run in the state."
The Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association has grown from strength to strength over the past 12 years and HPCA president Anurag Thakur said they are very happy to see the interest shown by Yuvraj.
"We are happy to learn that a world class cricketer like Yuvraj Singh has shown interest in joining hands with us to work towards development of cricket in the state," said the BCCI joint secretary.
"We welcome his proposal and would be happy to share this further with district units. We are excited about this prospect and also feel once this is approved by the state, it will be a long lasting and a fruitful association between cricket lovers," added Thakur, who is also a BJP Lok Sabha MP.
Yuvraj Singh Centres of Excellence is currently operational across Delhi & NCR at four locations. Among these three centres presently run in partnership with Pathways World School and one with Jaypee Atlantis -- The Club, Jaypee Greens. The centres currently train over 150 students in the state with ultra-modern training methods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble