Yuvraj Singh undergoes random dope test
Kolkata: India batsman Yuvraj Singh was among three cricketers who underwent random dope tests at the sidelines of the Vijay Hazare Trophy cricket tournament at Eden Gardens here today.
Yuvraj, who had a forgettable 15-run outing in Punjab`s embarrassing 137-run loss to Railways in the quarterfinals, gave his urine sample as part of a routine procedure an hour after the match.
Yuvraj gave his sample more than one hour after the match as most of the members of both the teams had left by then.
Before Yuvraj, Railways skipper Mahesh Rawat, who scored a century today, gave his sample along with pacer Anureet Singh.
The samples will be sent to the National Anti Doping Agency in New Delhi and the report will be submitted to the BCCI in a confidential manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India's doping shame: 687 athletes banned since 2009 as per NADA records
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Biggest Indian acquisition by a Chinese company: Fosun to buy Gland Pharma for $1.26 billion
- Has this former Australian cricketer been approached for ‘Housefull 4’?
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: 1st Test, Day 4 — As it happened...