Yuvraj Singh undergoes random dope test
Kolkata: India batsman Yuvraj Singh was among three cricketers who underwent random dope tests at the sidelines of the Vijay Hazare Trophy cricket tournament at Eden Gardens here today.
Yuvraj, who had a forgettable 15-run outing in Punjab`s embarrassing 137-run loss to Railways in the quarterfinals, gave his urine sample as part of a routine procedure an hour after the match.
Yuvraj gave his sample more than one hour after the match as most of the members of both the teams had left by then.
Before Yuvraj, Railways skipper Mahesh Rawat, who scored a century today, gave his sample along with pacer Anureet Singh.
The samples will be sent to the National Anti Doping Agency in New Delhi and the report will be submitted to the BCCI in a confidential manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!