Yuvraj Singh undergoes random dope test
Kolkata: India batsman Yuvraj Singh was among three cricketers who underwent random dope tests at the sidelines of the Vijay Hazare Trophy cricket tournament at Eden Gardens here today.
Yuvraj, who had a forgettable 15-run outing in Punjab`s embarrassing 137-run loss to Railways in the quarterfinals, gave his urine sample as part of a routine procedure an hour after the match.
Yuvraj gave his sample more than one hour after the match as most of the members of both the teams had left by then.
Before Yuvraj, Railways skipper Mahesh Rawat, who scored a century today, gave his sample along with pacer Anureet Singh.
The samples will be sent to the National Anti Doping Agency in New Delhi and the report will be submitted to the BCCI in a confidential manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured