Yuvraj to captain India A against West Indies A in ODIs, T20
Vishakhapatnam: Left-hand all-rounder Yuvraj Singh appears to have been given a chance by the national selectors to make yet another return to national colours in the one-day format by being asked to captain the India `A` squad in three one-day games and one T20 game against West Indies. `A.`
The All-India senior selection committee met at Vishakhapatnam on Tuesday to pick the following squads:
1. India `A` team for the three One-Day games and one T20 game against West Indies `A.`
2. India `A` team for the first four-day match against West Indies `A`
3. India `A` team for the second and third four-day matches against West Indies `A`
4. India Red team for the NKP Salve Challenger Trophy
5. India Blue team for the NKP Salve Challenger Trophy
Apart from Yuvraj Singh the India `A` squad for the three one-day games and one T20 game includes the following players: Unmukt Chand, Robin Uthappa, Baba Aparajith, Kedar Jadhav, Naman Ojha (wicketkeeper), Yusuf Pathan, Irfan Pathan, Jaydev Unadkat, Praveen Kumar, Sumit Narwal, Shahbaz Nadeem, Mandeep Singh and Rahul Sharma.
In the two four-day games against the West Indies `A`, the selectors have cast their net far and wide, and decided to give both veteran and upcoming players a chance at furthering their prospects for international recognition.
India and Vadodara one-drop batsman Chesteswar Pujara will lead the India `A` squad in both games.
In the first game, the players chosen are: Jiwanjot Singh, K.L. Rahul, Manpreet Juneja, Rajat Paliwal,
Harshad Khadiwale, Parvez Rasool, Bhargav Bhatt, Ishwar Chand Pandey, Mohammed Shami, Ashoke Dinda, Rohit Motwani(wicketkeeper), Dhawal Kulkarni and Paras Dogra.
In the second game, out of favour tried and tested openers Gautam Gambhir and Virendra Sehwag have been given an opportunity to restake their claims for national duty.
Apart from Pujara, the squad includes: Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Sheldon Jackson, Abhishek Nayar, Paras Dogra, Uday Kaul (wicketkeeper), Parvez Rasool, Bhargav Bhatt, Dhawal Kulkarni, Zaheer Khan, Ishwar Chand Pandey, Mohammed Shami and Mohammed Kaif.
The selectors have also announced teams for the annual N K P Salve Challenger Trophy.
The India Red squad will be captained by left-arm fast bowler Irfan Pathan. Apart from him, the other players are: Robin Uthappa, Abhinav Mukund, Sourabh Tiwary, Gurkirat Mann, Kedar Jadhav, Smit Patel (wicketkeeper), Yusuf Pathan, Shahbaz Nadeem, Abhimanyu Mithun, Umesh Yadav and Suraj Yadav.
The India Blue squad will be captained by Yuvraj Singh. Apart from him, the other players are: Akshath Reddy, Naman Ojha (wicketkeeper), Mandeep Singh, Ankit Bawane, Abhishek Nayar, Manish Pandey, Piyush Chawla, Ankit Rajpoot, Vinay Kumar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Iresh Saxena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency