Zaheer Abbas believes Pakistan will perform better in ODI series against Proteas
Karachi: Despite Pakistan`s disappointing performance in the three-match Test series against host South Africa, former Pakistani batsman Zaheer Abbas has said he feels that the visitors could still bounce back in the limited overs series. Abbas said the batsmen performed horribly in the Test series and it appeared as if the team didn`t prepare for the series at all.
He said the team needs to be strong not only in the bowling and batting department, but should also perform well in fielding in order to beat a top team like South Africa. However, Abbas said Pakistan has been playing well in ODIs and also in T20s in recent past and therefore he expects the team to perform well in the coming T20 and ODI series.
But he was quick to add that the team must now look forward and forget the Test performance to keep their morale high. Pakistan will be playing two T20 matches and a comprehensive five-match ODI series against South Africa, which begins March 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan