Zaheer Abbas believes Pakistan will perform better in ODI series against Proteas
Karachi: Despite Pakistan`s disappointing performance in the three-match Test series against host South Africa, former Pakistani batsman Zaheer Abbas has said he feels that the visitors could still bounce back in the limited overs series. Abbas said the batsmen performed horribly in the Test series and it appeared as if the team didn`t prepare for the series at all.
He said the team needs to be strong not only in the bowling and batting department, but should also perform well in fielding in order to beat a top team like South Africa. However, Abbas said Pakistan has been playing well in ODIs and also in T20s in recent past and therefore he expects the team to perform well in the coming T20 and ODI series.
But he was quick to add that the team must now look forward and forget the Test performance to keep their morale high. Pakistan will be playing two T20 matches and a comprehensive five-match ODI series against South Africa, which begins March 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing