Zaheer Abbas believes Pakistan will perform better in ODI series against Proteas
Karachi: Despite Pakistan`s disappointing performance in the three-match Test series against host South Africa, former Pakistani batsman Zaheer Abbas has said he feels that the visitors could still bounce back in the limited overs series. Abbas said the batsmen performed horribly in the Test series and it appeared as if the team didn`t prepare for the series at all.
He said the team needs to be strong not only in the bowling and batting department, but should also perform well in fielding in order to beat a top team like South Africa. However, Abbas said Pakistan has been playing well in ODIs and also in T20s in recent past and therefore he expects the team to perform well in the coming T20 and ODI series.
But he was quick to add that the team must now look forward and forget the Test performance to keep their morale high. Pakistan will be playing two T20 matches and a comprehensive five-match ODI series against South Africa, which begins March 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra