Zaheer Abbas says he’s ‘obviously interested’ in replacing Butt as PCB chief
Islamabad: Former Pakistan captain Zaheer Abbas has added his name to the list of individuals interested in replacing Ejaz Butt as Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief.
Chairman Ejaz Butt’s tenure ended on Saturday, but with no announcement from the presidency, he will carry on in office until a replacement is named.
“I would obviously be interested in being the new PCB chairman,” The Express Tribune quoted Abbas, as saying.
“Although no approach has been made yet, it’s such a coveted post that it will be impossible for me to say no to it,” he added.
Abbas, who earlier expressed his desire to be Pakistan’s head coach, is part of a three-member committee formed by the PCB to find Waqar Younis’ replacement.
Meanwhile, the uncertainty regarding Butt’s future has also affected the committee’s hunt for a new coach, according to Abbas.
The committee, with former captain Ramiz Raja in a consultant’s role, was formed by Butt, but now needs to sit back until a decision is made regarding the PCB chief.
“We don’t know who the next chairman will be and whether he will keep this committee or form a new one. Without knowing what’s going to happen next, all we can do is sit and wait,” said Abbas.
“We had some very good applications and we also approached a lot of big names but unfortunately, few of them were reluctant to come to Pakistan and sign up for the post and the rest had commitments they weren’t willing to let go of,” he revealed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack