Zaheer Abbas slams Nasser Hussain
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Former England captain Nasser Hussain’s recent on-air comments on Indian players have invited criticisms across the cricketing fraternity. Former Pakistani captain Zaheer Abbas slammed Hussain’s ‘donkey’ jibe during the Twenty20 match between India and England in Manchester on Wednesday, saying it is in poor taste.
Zaheer further added that the Indian board should complain against Nasser Hussain and make sure such things do not repeat.
Other former players joined, stating their disappointment at the incident and termed Hussain’s comments were uncalled for.
BCCI vice president Rajiv Shukla on Friday said that the board would look into the reported incident of commentator Nasser Hussain equating some of the Indian fielders to donkeys.
Hussain had said: “I would say the difference between the two side is the fielding. England are all-round a good fielding side. I do believe that India have few…3 or 4 very good fielders and one or two donkeys in the field still.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB