Zaheer Abbas slams Nasser Hussain
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Former England captain Nasser Hussain’s recent on-air comments on Indian players have invited criticisms across the cricketing fraternity. Former Pakistani captain Zaheer Abbas slammed Hussain’s ‘donkey’ jibe during the Twenty20 match between India and England in Manchester on Wednesday, saying it is in poor taste.
Zaheer further added that the Indian board should complain against Nasser Hussain and make sure such things do not repeat.
Other former players joined, stating their disappointment at the incident and termed Hussain’s comments were uncalled for.
BCCI vice president Rajiv Shukla on Friday said that the board would look into the reported incident of commentator Nasser Hussain equating some of the Indian fielders to donkeys.
Hussain had said: “I would say the difference between the two side is the fielding. England are all-round a good fielding side. I do believe that India have few…3 or 4 very good fielders and one or two donkeys in the field still.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III