Zaheer Abbas slams Nasser Hussain
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Former England captain Nasser Hussain’s recent on-air comments on Indian players have invited criticisms across the cricketing fraternity. Former Pakistani captain Zaheer Abbas slammed Hussain’s ‘donkey’ jibe during the Twenty20 match between India and England in Manchester on Wednesday, saying it is in poor taste.
Zaheer further added that the Indian board should complain against Nasser Hussain and make sure such things do not repeat.
Other former players joined, stating their disappointment at the incident and termed Hussain’s comments were uncalled for.
BCCI vice president Rajiv Shukla on Friday said that the board would look into the reported incident of commentator Nasser Hussain equating some of the Indian fielders to donkeys.
Hussain had said: “I would say the difference between the two side is the fielding. England are all-round a good fielding side. I do believe that India have few…3 or 4 very good fielders and one or two donkeys in the field still.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'