Zaheer gets his 2nd wkt, Windies A extend lead to 178 at lunch
Shimoga: Zaheer Khan got his second wicket of the match but it was half centuries by opener Kraigg Brathwaite and Narsingh Deonaraine that helped West Indies A to extend their overall lead to 178 at lunch on Day Four of the second unofficial Test against India A on Saturday.
The unbroken 88-run partnership for third wicket between Brathwaite (56) and Deonaraine (52) helped West Indies A reach 131 for two when the umpires called for the end of the first session.
Deonaraine joined Brathwaite after the fall of captain Kirk Edwards (2) with the West Indies A struggling at 43 for two. While Brathwaite had so far faced 135 balls hitting nine boundaries, Deonaraine had consumed 80 balls, smashing seven boundaries and a six.
Resuming at the overnight score of 28 for no loss, West Indies A began the day disastrously losing two quick wickets. The Indian bowlers utilised the morning conditions and removed the overnight batsmen by some tidy bowling.
Edwards and Powell (14), who have been picked in their national side for the challenging India series next month, would have been eager to get some match practice but could not do so as they failed to put a price on their wickets.
Zaheer got his second wicket of the match by sending back Powell who gave a catch to Uday Kaul behind the wicket who gleefully accepted it.
Bharghav Bhatt, who claimed seven wickets in the West Indies first innings, took the wicket of Edwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks