Zaheer Khan honing skills in South Africa
Johannesburg: After working on his fitness in France, Indian pacer Zaheer Khan is now honing his skills with South African provincial team Knights in an attempt to regain his place in the Indian national squad.
Khan told the Afrikaans daily `Beeld` that he had asked the Knights fitness expert Adrian le Roux to help him with his pre-season conditioning during the IPL in May.
Le Roux assisted the Kolkota Knight Riders, for whom Khan was playing at the time. Le Roux has also been part of the fitness team for both the Proteas and the Indian national team and has become a close friend of Khan.
Khan has been hard at work in Bloemfontein, the home base of the Knights, for several days now, participating in training sessions ahead of a training camp in Port Elizabeth next week with the Warriors.
"I earlier started working on my fitness for the coming season in France. I have to return on September 27 to play for India A against the West Indies," Khan told the daily.
Khan last played for India against England in Kolkota in December 2012. The bowler was hopeful of convincing the Indians selectors that there was still a lot of cricket left in him despite being 35.
With 88 Tests behind him, Khan needs just five more wickets to reach the milestone of 300. Playing against South Africa, Khan twice took four wickets in an over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Over 600 young leaders recruited by Rahul Gandhi but not given any responsibilities yet: Report
- Afghan Taliban sources confirm death of leader in US attack
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests