Zaheer Khan is back into his real self
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Discarded Indian bowler Zaheer Khan bowled magnificently to give India ‘A’ a sensational win over West Indies ‘A’ in the third and final unofficial Test, to level the three-match series.
While bowling in the second innings the left-arm seamer claimed four wickets and leaked just 59 runs in 16.5 overs to notch up an innings and 54 runs victory over the visitors.
Zaheer finished the match with five for 92 runs. On the fourth and final day he ran into the lower-order batsmen after lunch in his fourth spell of the innings and took three wickets in a space of his eight deliveries.
The 35-year-old is now looking leaner and fitter.
Zaheer played a crucial role all these years by spearheading the Indian bowling line-up. From moving the new ball both ways with good control, to reverse swinging the old one, to use slower one with good effect, his versatility made him one of the best fast bowlers in contemporary cricket. But right through his illustrious career, Zaheer has been plagued with injuries which forced him to miss matches at regular intervals. And injuries at regular intervals have always pushed him back. It was never his form, it was always his injury and fitness concern that gave him tough times in the past.
And after his successful fitness sojourn first in France and then in South Africa, Zaheer is back into proper shape. If he performs consistently like this then days are not far when we will see him back in Team India, as lead bowler.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal