Zaheer Khan is back into his real self
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Discarded Indian bowler Zaheer Khan bowled magnificently to give India ‘A’ a sensational win over West Indies ‘A’ in the third and final unofficial Test, to level the three-match series.
While bowling in the second innings the left-arm seamer claimed four wickets and leaked just 59 runs in 16.5 overs to notch up an innings and 54 runs victory over the visitors.
Zaheer finished the match with five for 92 runs. On the fourth and final day he ran into the lower-order batsmen after lunch in his fourth spell of the innings and took three wickets in a space of his eight deliveries.
The 35-year-old is now looking leaner and fitter.
Zaheer played a crucial role all these years by spearheading the Indian bowling line-up. From moving the new ball both ways with good control, to reverse swinging the old one, to use slower one with good effect, his versatility made him one of the best fast bowlers in contemporary cricket. But right through his illustrious career, Zaheer has been plagued with injuries which forced him to miss matches at regular intervals. And injuries at regular intervals have always pushed him back. It was never his form, it was always his injury and fitness concern that gave him tough times in the past.
And after his successful fitness sojourn first in France and then in South Africa, Zaheer is back into proper shape. If he performs consistently like this then days are not far when we will see him back in Team India, as lead bowler.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- DNA: World soccer rocked by Swiss arrests of FIFA officials for graft
- Bihar polls: Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Special: The UP village where religion does not preach hatred
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be announced today at 10:30 AM
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- Monsoon likely to hit Kerala next week; heatwave death toll climbs to 2,005