Zaheer Khan is back into his real self
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Discarded Indian bowler Zaheer Khan bowled magnificently to give India ‘A’ a sensational win over West Indies ‘A’ in the third and final unofficial Test, to level the three-match series.
While bowling in the second innings the left-arm seamer claimed four wickets and leaked just 59 runs in 16.5 overs to notch up an innings and 54 runs victory over the visitors.
Zaheer finished the match with five for 92 runs. On the fourth and final day he ran into the lower-order batsmen after lunch in his fourth spell of the innings and took three wickets in a space of his eight deliveries.
The 35-year-old is now looking leaner and fitter.
Zaheer played a crucial role all these years by spearheading the Indian bowling line-up. From moving the new ball both ways with good control, to reverse swinging the old one, to use slower one with good effect, his versatility made him one of the best fast bowlers in contemporary cricket. But right through his illustrious career, Zaheer has been plagued with injuries which forced him to miss matches at regular intervals. And injuries at regular intervals have always pushed him back. It was never his form, it was always his injury and fitness concern that gave him tough times in the past.
And after his successful fitness sojourn first in France and then in South Africa, Zaheer is back into proper shape. If he performs consistently like this then days are not far when we will see him back in Team India, as lead bowler.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why