Zaka Ashraf still hopeful of PSL despite postponement
Karachi: Unperturbed by the abrupt postponement of the Pakistan Super League (PSL), Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief Zaka Ashraf has said he is still hopeful about bringing top-level action back in the country soon.
One of the main reasons of the postponement of the PSL was the refusal of major boards to give No-Objection Certificates (NOC) to its players despite their ``willingness`` to play in the proposed league in the country over security reasons.
Pakistan has not hosted a major international team since the attack on the Sri Lanka team in Lahore in 2009.
However, Ashraf, who took over as PCB chairman in 2011 with a goal to revive international cricket, expressed that his priority would remain the same.
Ashraf says he is still hopeful about the PSL.
He said it was just misperception about Pakistan that was making the foreign teams reluctant to visit the country.
He said the areas plagued by terrorism are far-flung. The outside world does not realise the distance of the affected areas from our venues, he said.
Ashraf said the board might have to change their strategy and work out a plan for the challenge.
Another PCB official said the board was planning to give a presentation to the International Cricket Council (ICC) and other boards on the current situation in the country in order to win the confidence of the ICC and member boards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage