Zaka Ashraf still hopeful of PSL despite postponement
Karachi: Unperturbed by the abrupt postponement of the Pakistan Super League (PSL), Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief Zaka Ashraf has said he is still hopeful about bringing top-level action back in the country soon.
One of the main reasons of the postponement of the PSL was the refusal of major boards to give No-Objection Certificates (NOC) to its players despite their ``willingness`` to play in the proposed league in the country over security reasons.
Pakistan has not hosted a major international team since the attack on the Sri Lanka team in Lahore in 2009.
However, Ashraf, who took over as PCB chairman in 2011 with a goal to revive international cricket, expressed that his priority would remain the same.
Ashraf says he is still hopeful about the PSL.
He said it was just misperception about Pakistan that was making the foreign teams reluctant to visit the country.
He said the areas plagued by terrorism are far-flung. The outside world does not realise the distance of the affected areas from our venues, he said.
Ashraf said the board might have to change their strategy and work out a plan for the challenge.
Another PCB official said the board was planning to give a presentation to the International Cricket Council (ICC) and other boards on the current situation in the country in order to win the confidence of the ICC and member boards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested