Zardari yet to take a decision on appointment of PCB chief
Islamabad: Suspense continues in Pakistan cricket as the chief patron of the PCB, President Asif Zardari is yet to take a decision on appointing a new chairman of the board with five candidates now under consideration for the post.
The current chairman Ejaz Butt attended the ICC executive board meeting last night although his three-year term as chief of the Pakistan Cricket Board expired on October 8.
"Butt is continuing to work because the President is yet to take a decision on who will head the board next. He is working as the chairman with approval of the President," one government official said.
The President is yet to issue any notification on whether Butt would continue or someone in the board would be taking over as the acting chairman until a new chief was appointed.
Under the constitution, the President, in this case Asif Zardari, appoints the chairman of the board in his capacity as chief patron of cricket.
The official confirmed that presently five candidates, including Butt himself are under consideration.
"The President has still not taken any decision and is consulting his aides. But what is confirmed is that former Test captains, Majid Khan and Zaheer Abbas and two bankers, Zaka Ashraf and Ali Reza who are close to the President are under consideration for the post," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you