Zimbabwe dump ''disruptive'' seamer Tinashe Panyangara
Zimbabwe have axed seamer Tinashe Panyangara from their squad for the one-day international triangular series with South Africa and Australia, accusing the player of being `disruptive` in the build-up to the tournament.
Cape Town: Zimbabwe have axed seamer Tinashe Panyangara from their squad for the one-day international triangular series with South Africa and Australia, accusing the player of being `disruptive` in the build-up to the tournament.
Zimbabwe Cricket confirmed via a statement on Wednesday they had sent the 28-year-old to train with the country`s A side and also fined him his full match fee from Monday`s 198-run loss to Australia.
The statement offered no reason for the sanction saying only Panyangara was punished "for his behaviour that the national team disciplinary committee found to be disruptive in the build-up to the first ODI of the triangular series".
Panyangara is the second Zimbabwean cricketer this month to be punished by the country`s board after teenage all-rounder Luke Jongwe was fined for breaking a team curfew in the recent 3-0 one-day series whitewash by South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest