Zimbabwe dump ''disruptive'' seamer Tinashe Panyangara
Zimbabwe have axed seamer Tinashe Panyangara from their squad for the one-day international triangular series with South Africa and Australia, accusing the player of being `disruptive` in the build-up to the tournament.
Cape Town: Zimbabwe have axed seamer Tinashe Panyangara from their squad for the one-day international triangular series with South Africa and Australia, accusing the player of being `disruptive` in the build-up to the tournament.
Zimbabwe Cricket confirmed via a statement on Wednesday they had sent the 28-year-old to train with the country`s A side and also fined him his full match fee from Monday`s 198-run loss to Australia.
The statement offered no reason for the sanction saying only Panyangara was punished "for his behaviour that the national team disciplinary committee found to be disruptive in the build-up to the first ODI of the triangular series".
Panyangara is the second Zimbabwean cricketer this month to be punished by the country`s board after teenage all-rounder Luke Jongwe was fined for breaking a team curfew in the recent 3-0 one-day series whitewash by South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday