Zimbabwe returns to ICC Test rankings, Pak drops to sixth
Harare: Zimbabwe has re-entered the ICC Test rankings for the first time since May 2007 in the ninth place due to its dramatic and historic win against Pakistan in the second Test at the Harare Sports Club on Saturday.
However, Pakistan has dropped to the sixth place in the rankings behind South Africa, England, Australia, West Indies and archrivals India, following their humiliating defeat in the Test.
According to The Dawn, the two-match series was drawn 1-1 with Zimbabwe finishing at 34 ratings points courtesy its 24-run win, ahead of 10th ranked Bangladesh, although they would have finished ninth on the table irrespective of the result of the series.
The report also said that Misbah-ul Haq`s side had conceded five rating points and moved down the list, adding that Pakistan had only moved into fourth position last month following the conclusion of the Ashes, which England retained with a 3-0 win over Australia.
Rank (+/-) Team Rating (+/-) 1. South Africa 135, 2. England 116, 3. India 116, 4. (+1) Australia 101, 5. (+1) West Indies 99, 6. (-2) Pakistan 97, (-5) 7. Sri Lanka 88, 8. New Zealand 79, 9. Zimbabwe 34 and 10. Bangladesh 10 (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video