100 ODIs but no Tests yet for Rohit
Zee Media Bureau
Harare: Rohit Sharma’s 100th One Day International against Zimbabwe in the ongoing India-Zimbabwe series has interesting stats which most cricket fans would love to know.
Rohit Sharma has become the first player in history to play 100 ODIs without playing a single Test match.
Players who have played most ODIs without playing a single Test.
Rohit Sharma (Ind), 100 ODIs
Ian Harvey (Aus), 73 ODIs
Dinesh Mongia(Ind), 57 ODIs
Vikram Solanki (Eng), 51ODIs
Shane Lee (Aus), 45 ODIs
Chris Nevin (NZ), 37 ODIs
Rohit Sharma made his ODI debut in 2007 and since then has played 100 ODIs for India. In 2007, India’s Test team comprised stalwarts including Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman and Sourav Ganguly and so Rohit got his first opportunity in 2010, only when Dravid and Laxman opted out of a series. But unfortunately, due to a badly timed injury, Rohit could not make his test debut. After that his debut still remains a dream.
We just hope the talented player gets an opportunity to represent the nation in Test Cricket soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US