2013 India vs Zimbabwe: 5th ODI - Statistical highlights
Bulawayo: Statistical highlights of the fifth and final cricket One-day international match between India and Zimbabwe, here on Saturday.
• Shikhar Dhawan, with 209 runs at an average of 52.25 in four ODIs, has top-scored in the just concluded series.
• Dhawan became the first Indian player to manage 700 runs this year in ODIs - his tally being 707 (ave.54.38) in 14 matches.
• Ajinkya Rahane`s 50 off 66 balls is his third fifty in ODIs - two vs England and one vs Zimbabwe.
• Rahane`s last half-century in ODIs was 91 vs England at PCA Stadium, Mohali on October 20, 2011. Surprisingly, in his last five innings in a winning cause, his scores were 0, 9, 4, 4 & 0.
• Ravindra Jadeja, thanks to his unbeaten 48 off 77 balls, has averaged 87.50 vs Zimbabwe while totalling 175 in four innings, including two fifties.
• Elton Chigumbura, with 159 runs (ave. 53.00) in five matches, has finished as the leading run-getter for Zimbabwe in the series.
• Ravindra Jadeja, with 38 wickets at an average of 18.86 in 22 matches, is the leading wicket-taker in ODIs in 2013.
• Dinesh Karthik`s tally of nine dismissals is his best performance in an ODI series.
• India`s success percentage of 80.35 vs Zimbabwe in ODIs is quite impressive - 44 victories out of 56 contested (Lost 10 and Tied 2).
• India, thanks to their 5-0 series sweep, have won eight games in a row - one vs West Indies, followed by two vs Sri Lanka and five vs Zimbabwe.
• For the first time overseas, India have registered a 5-0 clean sweep - their fourth in ODIs. The first three such sweeps for India were against England in 2008-09, New Zealand in 2010-11 and England in 2011-12.
• Amit Mishra has got his second Man of the Match award in ODIs. His first such award was also against Zimbabwe at Harare on July 28, 2013.
• Mishra`s superb bowling figures of six for 48 are his best in ODIs, outstripping the 4 for 31 vs West Indies at Port of Spain on June 8, 2011. His performance is the third best by a bowler at number sixth position for India behind the six for 12 by Anil Kumble vs West Indies at Eden Gardens, Kolkata on November 27, 1993 and six for 27 by Murali Kartik vs. Australia at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai on October 17, 2007.
• Shahid Afridi (7 for 12 vs West Indies at Providence on July 14, 2013) is the only bowler to take seven wickets at number sixth position in ODIs.
• Mishra`s figures are the best in India-Zimbabwe ODIs, surpassing Irfan Pathan`s five for 27 vs Zimbabwe at Harare on August 29, 2005. Besides Kartik, Kumble and Mishra, Ashish Nehra (twice), Ajit Agarkar and Sreesanth are other Indian bowlers to have claimed six wickets in an innings.
• Mishra`s tally of 18 wickets at an average of 11.61, is a record for most wickets in five ODIs in a bilateral series. He has emulated Javagal Srinath`s tally of 18 (ave.11.16) in seven games vs New Zealand in New Zealand in 2002-03.
• Mishra`s series aggregate is a record by a spinner in a bilateral series in ODIs, obliterating Ajantha Mendis` 15 (ave.8.60) in five ODIs vs Zimbabwe in 2008-09.
• Jaydev Unadkat (6-1-8-1) has recorded an economy rate of 1.33 - the best in India-Zimbabwe ODIs (minimum 30 balls).
• Brendan Taylor is the first captain to register three ducks in a series of five ODIs.
• Sean Williams (51 off 65 balls) has registered his first fifty vs India - his 14th in ODIs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'