J&K CM urges BCCI to give Rasool a chance in Zimbabwe
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has urged the BCCI to give a chance to all-rounder Parvez Rasool in the ongoing limited overs series against Zimbabwe.
"Come on BCCI give the young man (Rasool) a chance to prove himself," Omar wrote on his twitter page.
The Chief Minister, an avid cricket follower, has expressed disappointment that the Jammu and Kashmir cricketer has not been given a game even though India has taken an unassailable lead in five-match the ODI series against Zimbabwe.
"Really disappointed that Parvez Rasool hasn`t been given a game in Zimbabwe," he said.
Rasool, who became the first cricketer from the state to be selected in the national team, has been warming the bench in Zimbabwe alongside Ajinkya Rahane, who is also yet to get a game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know