J&K CM urges BCCI to give Rasool a chance in Zimbabwe
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has urged the BCCI to give a chance to all-rounder Parvez Rasool in the ongoing limited overs series against Zimbabwe.
"Come on BCCI give the young man (Rasool) a chance to prove himself," Omar wrote on his twitter page.
The Chief Minister, an avid cricket follower, has expressed disappointment that the Jammu and Kashmir cricketer has not been given a game even though India has taken an unassailable lead in five-match the ODI series against Zimbabwe.
"Really disappointed that Parvez Rasool hasn`t been given a game in Zimbabwe," he said.
Rasool, who became the first cricketer from the state to be selected in the national team, has been warming the bench in Zimbabwe alongside Ajinkya Rahane, who is also yet to get a game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez