Mishra equals world record for most wickets in ODI series
Bulawayo: Indian leg-spinner Amit Mishra equalled the world record for most wickets in a bilateral ODI series after grabbing a career-best six-wicket haul in the fifth and final one-dayer against Zimbabwe here on Saturday.
Mishra's personal best of 6/48 in 8.5 overs today took his series tally to 18, equalling the record held by compatriot Javagal Srinath.
But the 30-year-old Mishra has taken five matches to get the record, two less than Srinath, who grabbed the record in 2002-03 against New Zealand.
Mishra, who was included in place of a resting R Ashwin, came to Zimbabwe with 19 ODI wickets in his kitty and is going back with 37.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!