Mishra equals world record for most wickets in ODI series
Bulawayo: Indian leg-spinner Amit Mishra equalled the world record for most wickets in a bilateral ODI series after grabbing a career-best six-wicket haul in the fifth and final one-dayer against Zimbabwe here on Saturday.
Mishra's personal best of 6/48 in 8.5 overs today took his series tally to 18, equalling the record held by compatriot Javagal Srinath.
But the 30-year-old Mishra has taken five matches to get the record, two less than Srinath, who grabbed the record in 2002-03 against New Zealand.
Mishra, who was included in place of a resting R Ashwin, came to Zimbabwe with 19 ODI wickets in his kitty and is going back with 37.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie