Mishra equals world record for most wickets in ODI series
Bulawayo: Indian leg-spinner Amit Mishra equalled the world record for most wickets in a bilateral ODI series after grabbing a career-best six-wicket haul in the fifth and final one-dayer against Zimbabwe here on Saturday.
Mishra's personal best of 6/48 in 8.5 overs today took his series tally to 18, equalling the record held by compatriot Javagal Srinath.
But the 30-year-old Mishra has taken five matches to get the record, two less than Srinath, who grabbed the record in 2002-03 against New Zealand.
Mishra, who was included in place of a resting R Ashwin, came to Zimbabwe with 19 ODI wickets in his kitty and is going back with 37.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley