Mohit Sharma only second Indian to be adjudged MOM on debut
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Mohit Sharma made his ODI debut in the fourth ODI against Zimbabwe in Bulawayo. He made his first match really special by scalping two wickets in his ten over quota and gave away just 26 runs. Mohit was right on the money from the very first ball he bowled.
India won the match by nine wickets and Mohit was awarded with Man of the Match. And he became only the second Indian player to bag the Man of the Match award on ODI debut. Sandeep Patil had done the same in 1980.
In the post match conference he said: “It feels like a dream. But I have worked on my bowling and it is showing. I am ready to do well in whatever opportunity I am going to get. I was just focusing on keeping things simple and sticking to basics. I did not want to try too many things and it worked for me."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation