Mohit Sharma only second Indian to be adjudged MOM on debut
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Mohit Sharma made his ODI debut in the fourth ODI against Zimbabwe in Bulawayo. He made his first match really special by scalping two wickets in his ten over quota and gave away just 26 runs. Mohit was right on the money from the very first ball he bowled.
India won the match by nine wickets and Mohit was awarded with Man of the Match. And he became only the second Indian player to bag the Man of the Match award on ODI debut. Sandeep Patil had done the same in 1980.
In the post match conference he said: “It feels like a dream. But I have worked on my bowling and it is showing. I am ready to do well in whatever opportunity I am going to get. I was just focusing on keeping things simple and sticking to basics. I did not want to try too many things and it worked for me."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra