Omar slams BCCI for not fielding Rasool in ODI series against Zimbabwe
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday lashed out at the BCCI for not fielding all-rounder Parvez Rasool in any of the five ODI games against Zimbabwe.
"Did you really have to take him all the way to Zimbabwe to demoralise him? Wouldn`t it have been cheaper to just do it at home?" Omar said in a sarcastic tweet after Rasool was not included in the last game against the minnows.
Disappointed at Rasool`s non-inclusion in the playing XI of Indian cricket team in the ongoing Zimbabwe tour, Omar yesterday urged the BCCI to give him a chance to prove himself.
"Come on BCCI give the young man (Rasool) a chance to prove himself," Omar wrote on his twitter page yesterday.
The Chief Minister, an avid cricket follower, had expressed disappointment that the Jammu and Kashmir cricketer has not been given a game even though India has taken an unassailable lead in five-match the ODI series.
"Really disappointed that Parvez Rasool hasn`t been given a game in Zimbabwe," he said.
Rasool is the only member of the 15-member squad who has not seen any action so far. Ajinkya Rahane was warming the bench alongside Rasool but the opening batsman got his chance in Saturday`s game.
Rasool shot to fame with a brilliant all-round performance in the Ranji Trophy last season by scoring 594 runs and grabbing 33 wickets.
His selection to national squad was fast-tracked after he took seven wickets in one innings of a tour game against visiting Australians earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city