Virat Kohli -- The next Sachin Tendulkar in making?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: On Wednesday at Harare, leading a young Indian side against minnows Zimbabwe, Virat Kohli slammed yet another One Day International (ODI) century.
Kohli came in to bat after India had lost the wicket of opening batsman Shikhar Dhawan early in their chase of 229 runs. After the departure of Rohit Sharma, the 24-year-old stitched a century stand for the third wicket with debutant Ambati Rayudu to lead India to a comfortable win.
His innings of 115 (108b) was encrusted with 14 boundaries and a six. He thus surpassed Sourav Ganguly as the fastest Indian to reach 15 ODI tons. In fact, he has achieved this feat in just 106 innings which is the fastest in ODI’s history.
This stylish Delhi boy is the next Indian skipper in the making. Well known for his on-the-field temperament Kohli had faced much criticism in the past, but gradually changed himself immensely. Kohli has all the strokes in his arsenal and once he gets the start, most of the times he convert it into big ones.
At the moment he plays at the crucial position of number three in the Indian team. If he performs in this passion in the long run, then days are not far when he might break many cricketing records including that of master blaster Sachin Tendulkar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand