Zimbabwe vs Pakistan: 2nd Test- As it happened
Zee Media Bureau
Over: 90 II Score: 237/8
Zimbabwe were 237 for eight at the close of play. The hosts were going very slow and lost 8 wickets. Pakistan bowler Junaid Khan was in a supreme form and took three wickets. The post tea session turned out to be disastrous for Zimbabwe.
Pakistan won the first Test by 221 runs. With the second and final match of the series being played at the same venue as part of a cost-cutting exercise by Zimbabwe Cricket, there was concern that pitch preparation might have been affected.
Wicket: T Panyangara b Rahat Ali 24 (28b)
Wicket: E Chigumbura b Abdur Rehman 15 (49b)
Over: 70 II Score: 187/6
Pakistan continued to built pressure on Zimbabwe, in the last 50 overs. The hosts have lost four important wickets and are struggling for runs. The 53rd over saw the end of the 115-run partnership between Masakadza and Taylor when Taylor was caught lbw off Rehman’s delivery. The last ten overs were especially bad for Zimbabwe as they scored a meagre 10 runs with loss of two wickets. E Chigumbura and Prosper Utseya are at the crease now. Pakistan bowlers, Junaid Khan and Abdur Rehman are handling the bowling department quite efficiently. Junaid Khan has taken three wickets.
Wicket: R Mutumbami Adnan Akmal b Junaid Khan 8 (13b)
Wicket:BRM Taylor lbw b Abdur Rehman 51 (128b)
Wicket:MN Waller c Adnan Akmal b Junaid Khan 23 (45b)
Wicket:H Masakadza c Mohammad Hafeez b Saeed Ajmal 75 (169b)
Over: 30 II Score: 65/2
LUNCH Zimbabwe won the toss and elected to bat first. Junaid Khan must have him thinking for he gave them the first blow as early as second delivery of the day when Tino Mawoyo edged and was caught by keeper Adnan Akmal. He went back to the pavilion for nought. Vusi Sibanda was the next man in the middle. Along with Hamilton Masakadza he took the score to 31/1 in 16 overs before being bowled by Rahat Ali. He scored 14 (44b, 4X2). His departure brought Zimbabwean skipper Brendon Taylor to the crease. Masakadza has so far looked good and in his total of 43 runs has struck six boundaries and a six.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him