Zimbabwe vs Pakistan: 2nd Test- As it happened
Zee Media Bureau
Over: 90 II Score: 237/8
Zimbabwe were 237 for eight at the close of play. The hosts were going very slow and lost 8 wickets. Pakistan bowler Junaid Khan was in a supreme form and took three wickets. The post tea session turned out to be disastrous for Zimbabwe.
Pakistan won the first Test by 221 runs. With the second and final match of the series being played at the same venue as part of a cost-cutting exercise by Zimbabwe Cricket, there was concern that pitch preparation might have been affected.
Wicket: T Panyangara b Rahat Ali 24 (28b)
Wicket: E Chigumbura b Abdur Rehman 15 (49b)
Over: 70 II Score: 187/6
Pakistan continued to built pressure on Zimbabwe, in the last 50 overs. The hosts have lost four important wickets and are struggling for runs. The 53rd over saw the end of the 115-run partnership between Masakadza and Taylor when Taylor was caught lbw off Rehman’s delivery. The last ten overs were especially bad for Zimbabwe as they scored a meagre 10 runs with loss of two wickets. E Chigumbura and Prosper Utseya are at the crease now. Pakistan bowlers, Junaid Khan and Abdur Rehman are handling the bowling department quite efficiently. Junaid Khan has taken three wickets.
Wicket: R Mutumbami Adnan Akmal b Junaid Khan 8 (13b)
Wicket:BRM Taylor lbw b Abdur Rehman 51 (128b)
Wicket:MN Waller c Adnan Akmal b Junaid Khan 23 (45b)
Wicket:H Masakadza c Mohammad Hafeez b Saeed Ajmal 75 (169b)
Over: 30 II Score: 65/2
LUNCH Zimbabwe won the toss and elected to bat first. Junaid Khan must have him thinking for he gave them the first blow as early as second delivery of the day when Tino Mawoyo edged and was caught by keeper Adnan Akmal. He went back to the pavilion for nought. Vusi Sibanda was the next man in the middle. Along with Hamilton Masakadza he took the score to 31/1 in 16 overs before being bowled by Rahat Ali. He scored 14 (44b, 4X2). His departure brought Zimbabwean skipper Brendon Taylor to the crease. Masakadza has so far looked good and in his total of 43 runs has struck six boundaries and a six.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site