Zimbabwe vs Pakistan: 2nd Test, Day 3 - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
Zimbabwe 2nd innings
Over 45 || Score 109/1
After losing the first wicket early on in the form of P Utseya, pair of Tino Mawoyo and Hamilton Masakadza has been displaying excellent batting skills and gave Pakistan no other chance to celebrate. If Tino is batting on 58, then Masakadza is also giving him good company and is on 37. Both of them take the team’s score to 100 runs and are still giving tough time to Pakistani bowlers. The only Pakistani bowler who got the breakthrough so far is Rhat Ali, who gave the visiting team its first wicket of the innings by sending Utseya back to the pavilion.
PAKISTAN 1st innings
Over 40 || Score 230
Pakistan lost their last six wickets quite cheaply. The visiting team only managed to score 230 runs in their first innings. Last five Pakistani batsmen didn’t even manage to reach the double figure mark. And the most valuable Pakistani batsman, at the moment, Younis Khan scored 77 before giving his wicket to Panyangara. Zimbabwe got the lead of 64 runs as they scored 294 runs in their first innings. B Vitori became the most successful bowler for Zimbabwe as he scalped five Pakistani wickets at the cost of 61 runs.
Junaid Khan b Vitori 3 (4b)
Saeed Ajmal c Mutumbami b Vitori 7 (16b)
Adnan Akmal c Taylor b Vitori 6 (32b)
Abdur Rehman lbw b Panyangara 0 (1b)
Younis Khan c Mawoyo b Panyangara 77 (223b)
KM Asad Shafiq b Chatara 10 (39b)
Over: 96 II Score: 211/5
Pakistan trail Zimbabwe’s first innings total by 83 runs at lunch. Misbah-ul-Haq and Asad Shafiq are the two wickets to have fallen in the first session of the third morning. Misbah fell to Vitori after being caught by Masakadza . He scored 33(120b, 4X4). Asad Shafiq fell to Chatara after being bowled. He scored 10 (39b, 4X2). In-form batsman Younis Khan is still going strong and is unbeaten on 76* (216b, 4X9).
PAKISTAN Over: 68 II Score: 163/3
Younis Khan carried on from where he left off in the first Test as he played another solid innings for Pakistan on the second day of the second Test against Zimbabwe at Harare Sports Club on Wednesday.
Younis followed up a match-winning double century in the first Test with an unbeaten 52 as Pakistan reached 163 for three at the close of play in reply to Zimbabwe`s first innings total of 294.
When he reached 50 for the 49th time in Test cricket Younis became the fourth Pakistan batsman to reach 7000 runs in Tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490