Zol to be released to play Ranji final for Maharashtra
Mumbai: India under-19 skipper Vijay Zol would be released from the ongoing national juniors team`s World Cup preparatory camp in Bangalore to play in the Ranji Trophy final for Maharashtra from January 29, Cricket Board sources said Friday.
"Zol would be released to play the Ranji Trophy final (at Hyderabad against Karnataka). He will join the team on January 28 and would have to rejoin the under-19 camp after the conclusion of the final," said Prof Ratnakar Shetty, BCCI`s General Manager Game Development, here.
Zol is a key batsman for Maharashtra, who are bidding to win the Ranji Trophy after a lengthy gap.
The five-day Ranji final is set to conclude on February 2 and the Indian under-19 squad is scheduled to depart for the UAE, where the Junior World Cup is to be played, on February 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- UEFA Euro 2016 title reachable, says England captain Rooney
- PCB faces criticism for sending 4 media managers for England tour
- MDSU BSTC 2016 (bstcmdsu2016.com): Check Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University college allotment list 2016
- CBSE to conduct NEET-II on July 24
- BJP demands CBI enquiry into AAP leader Santosh Koli's death