Zol to be released to play Ranji final for Maharashtra
Mumbai: India under-19 skipper Vijay Zol would be released from the ongoing national juniors team`s World Cup preparatory camp in Bangalore to play in the Ranji Trophy final for Maharashtra from January 29, Cricket Board sources said Friday.
"Zol would be released to play the Ranji Trophy final (at Hyderabad against Karnataka). He will join the team on January 28 and would have to rejoin the under-19 camp after the conclusion of the final," said Prof Ratnakar Shetty, BCCI`s General Manager Game Development, here.
Zol is a key batsman for Maharashtra, who are bidding to win the Ranji Trophy after a lengthy gap.
The five-day Ranji final is set to conclude on February 2 and the Indian under-19 squad is scheduled to depart for the UAE, where the Junior World Cup is to be played, on February 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis