Zol to be released to play Ranji final for Maharashtra
Mumbai: India under-19 skipper Vijay Zol would be released from the ongoing national juniors team`s World Cup preparatory camp in Bangalore to play in the Ranji Trophy final for Maharashtra from January 29, Cricket Board sources said Friday.
"Zol would be released to play the Ranji Trophy final (at Hyderabad against Karnataka). He will join the team on January 28 and would have to rejoin the under-19 camp after the conclusion of the final," said Prof Ratnakar Shetty, BCCI`s General Manager Game Development, here.
Zol is a key batsman for Maharashtra, who are bidding to win the Ranji Trophy after a lengthy gap.
The five-day Ranji final is set to conclude on February 2 and the Indian under-19 squad is scheduled to depart for the UAE, where the Junior World Cup is to be played, on February 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi