Zol to be released to play Ranji final for Maharashtra
Mumbai: India under-19 skipper Vijay Zol would be released from the ongoing national juniors team`s World Cup preparatory camp in Bangalore to play in the Ranji Trophy final for Maharashtra from January 29, Cricket Board sources said Friday.
"Zol would be released to play the Ranji Trophy final (at Hyderabad against Karnataka). He will join the team on January 28 and would have to rejoin the under-19 camp after the conclusion of the final," said Prof Ratnakar Shetty, BCCI`s General Manager Game Development, here.
Zol is a key batsman for Maharashtra, who are bidding to win the Ranji Trophy after a lengthy gap.
The five-day Ranji final is set to conclude on February 2 and the Indian under-19 squad is scheduled to depart for the UAE, where the Junior World Cup is to be played, on February 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Syrian base used by Russia damaged in IS attack: Report
- Those who don''t gossip could become saints, says Pope
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against Arvind Kejriwal govt, Centre on May 28