Zol to lead India juniors in Australia
New Delhi: Maharashtra`s Vijay Zol has been named captain of the Indian junior team that will compete in a tri-series to be played in Australia in June-July.
Sanju Samson, who played for Rajasthan Royals in IPL-6, was appointed as Zol`s deputy in the 15-member squad for the tournament.
Zol is the only member from this squad who was part of the Under-19 World Cup team that triumphed last year under Unmukt Chand`s captaincy.
"The All India Junior Selection Committee met in Bengaluru earlier today, to pick the squad for the tri-series in Australia, to be played in June-July 2013," BCCI`s secretary Sanjay patel said in a statement.
The team: Vijay Zol, Sanju Samson, Akhil Herwadkar, Shreyas Iyer, Deepak Hooda, Mohammad Saif, Sarfaraz Khan, Ricky Bhui, Abhimanyu Lamba, Rishi Arothe, Atul Singh, C V Milind, Aamir Gani, Kuldeep Yadav, Ankush Bains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam