Zol to lead India juniors in Australia
New Delhi: Maharashtra`s Vijay Zol has been named captain of the Indian junior team that will compete in a tri-series to be played in Australia in June-July.
Sanju Samson, who played for Rajasthan Royals in IPL-6, was appointed as Zol`s deputy in the 15-member squad for the tournament.
Zol is the only member from this squad who was part of the Under-19 World Cup team that triumphed last year under Unmukt Chand`s captaincy.
"The All India Junior Selection Committee met in Bengaluru earlier today, to pick the squad for the tri-series in Australia, to be played in June-July 2013," BCCI`s secretary Sanjay patel said in a statement.
The team: Vijay Zol, Sanju Samson, Akhil Herwadkar, Shreyas Iyer, Deepak Hooda, Mohammad Saif, Sarfaraz Khan, Ricky Bhui, Abhimanyu Lamba, Rishi Arothe, Atul Singh, C V Milind, Aamir Gani, Kuldeep Yadav, Ankush Bains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren