Zol to lead India juniors in Australia
New Delhi: Maharashtra`s Vijay Zol has been named captain of the Indian junior team that will compete in a tri-series to be played in Australia in June-July.
Sanju Samson, who played for Rajasthan Royals in IPL-6, was appointed as Zol`s deputy in the 15-member squad for the tournament.
Zol is the only member from this squad who was part of the Under-19 World Cup team that triumphed last year under Unmukt Chand`s captaincy.
"The All India Junior Selection Committee met in Bengaluru earlier today, to pick the squad for the tri-series in Australia, to be played in June-July 2013," BCCI`s secretary Sanjay patel said in a statement.
The team: Vijay Zol, Sanju Samson, Akhil Herwadkar, Shreyas Iyer, Deepak Hooda, Mohammad Saif, Sarfaraz Khan, Ricky Bhui, Abhimanyu Lamba, Rishi Arothe, Atul Singh, C V Milind, Aamir Gani, Kuldeep Yadav, Ankush Bains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand