Karachi: Just days away from returning to Pakistan, runaway wicketkeeper Zulqarnain Haider has claimed that he has got two fresh death threats, warning him not to come back.
Zulqarnain, who is planning to return home on April 24 or 25 from London where he has remained since last November, told reporters that he has got two phone calls.
"The caller twice threatened me with death and problems for my family. I have informed the police in London," he said.
"The police has advised me to be very cautious and to take the threats seriously," Zulqarnain said.
The keeper fled the Pakistan team hotel in Dubai during a one-day series against South Africa last November, claiming he got threats from an unidentified person who wanted him to fix matches.
Zulqarnain fled to London and sought asylum there but last week, after meeting Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik, said withdrew his application.
Zulqarnain, who is living in a residence provided by the government, said he had moved to another location after getting the fresh threats.
The keeper, who scored 88 on his Test debut against England last year, said he was grateful to the Scotland Yard and other authorities for helping him a lot during his stay in the United Kingdom.
"They have helped me a lot during my stay and I can tell you the last few months have been very difficult for me and my family. But I am also grateful to all those who have supported me until now," he said.
Zulqarnain confirmed he had spoken briefly to the Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board and informed him about his decision to return to Pakistan on the reassurances given by Rehman Malik.
"I am ready to face the situation and will cooperate in every way with the board and the anti-corruption unit in future," he added.
The PCB has said Zulqarnain will have to appear before its disciplinary and integrity committee to explain his conduct before any decision is taken on allowing him to resume his cricket career.