Dada, Bhajji, Zaheer and Dhoni out of 3rd ODI
Chennai, Jan 26: In a shocking turn-around of events, the Indian team management decided to leave out Sourav Ganguly, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan and Mahinder Singh Dhoni for the third ODI against the West Indies on Saturday. This came as a surprise as all of them had good performances behind their name in the first two ODIs.
As per the announcement made by Vengsarkar, Robin Uthappa and Gautam Gambhir will open the innings for the Indians. Uthappa will replace Sourav Ganguly, who had done a good job as an opener in the first ODI with 98 runs to his name.
Middle order batsman Yuvraj Singh and veteran leg-spinner Anil Kumble were recalled to the Indian team for third ODI. They will most likely get a berth in the playing eleven.
This move gives a clear indication that the Indian team wants to try out and pick the best possible combination for the World Cup 2007.
The third ODI will be played in Chennai on Saturday and the fourth and last match will be hosted by Vadodara on January 31.
Virender Sehwag, however, had missed out on a berth in the Indian team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested