Don`t crucify Yuvraj Singh, he`s down but not out: Sachin Tendulkar
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar came out in support of erratic Yuvraj Singh who has been solely blamed for India`s loss in the finals of the ICC World Twenty20 to Sri Lanka.
Tendulkar stood firmly behind the southpaw, saying that the talented cricketer "is down but far from being out" and supported him to make it to the 2015 World Cup squad.
“Yuvi, one off day cannot undermine your tremendous contribution in many sweet memories over the years. You may be down today but you are far from being out,” wrote Tendulkar on his Facebook page.
Yuvi scored mere 11 runs in 21 balls in the finals due to which India lost the momentum in the middle overs and only managed to put up a total of 130 runs after being offered to bat first.
“I want you to know that there are many like me in India and across the world, who keenly look forward to you being a part of the campaign to defend the ODI World Cup title in 2015, ” Tendulkar further wrote.
According to the batting Maestro, people have the right to criticise his slow batting but they should stop predicting that its the end of his international career. "Last evening, Yuvi had a tough day and he can be criticised. But he should not be crucified nor should he be written off," Sachin wrote.
The legendary cricketer is confident that the Punjab batsman will make a great comeback and prove his critics wrong once again. "I have been an admirer of Yuvi`s indomitable spirit which has overcome many challenges, both on and off the field. Knowing Yuvi`s determination and ability to fight adversities, he will emerge stronger, proving his critics wrong, yet again," Tendulkar stated.
Yuvraj is king of comebacks and one can expect that he will soon regain his lost form and once again silent his critics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!