By Chaitan Papnai | Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 15:43
Though cricket is a team sport, ahead of the knockout stages of the ICC's marquee event, starting from March 18, we are picking up one player from each (quarter-finalist) team, who can play a crucial role from here on to make his side the world champions.
By Suyash Srivastava | Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 21:32
The ICC World Cup 2015 has already witnessed batting records being broken and world-class bowling spells. As the showpiece event proceeds towards its business end, we preview the four quarter-finals to be played from March 18 to March 21.
1st quarter-final: South Africa vs Sri Lanka
By Chaitan Papnai | Monday, March 16, 2015 - 10:43
He doesn’t have the aura of legendary Imran Khan. He doesn’t have the spark of Javed Miandad. He is not even a dynamic all-rounder like Wasim Akram. He is not as gifted as Inzamam-ul-Haq or as talented as Waqar Younis. But at the moment, 40-year-old Misbah-ul-Haq is still the best man to lead the Pakistan side.
By Rajdeep Saha | Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 08:54
England manager Roy Hodgson has a good selection headache ahead of him when he decides to call the players for international duty at the end of next month. England play Lithuania on 27th March at the Euro 2016 qualifiers at Wembley, and one player that is making a strong case for featuring in the squad is Harry Kane.
By Dattaraj Thaly | Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 17:09
After being condemned to a defeat in the North London derby, voices in favor to ring in a change at Arsenal's managerial helm have begun to grow louder. Despite injecting the squad with world-class players like Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez, the Gunners have failed to compete for major honors.
By Dattaraj Thaly | Friday, January 23, 2015 - 22:20
For obvious reasons, 15th August is the most significant date in India's collective history. As the country marked its 68th Independence Day in 2014, a rather important moment for India and Indian football went largely unnoticed.
By Jayanta Oinam | Friday, January 23, 2015 - 17:26
Hockey Indian League (HIL), the world's most lucrative field hockey tournament, enters it's third season with two new franchises bidding to win hearts. HIL has been a boon to Indian hockey, and it's continued success is pivotal to the existence of the sport in the country.
Defending champions: Delhi Waveriders
By Dattaraj Thaly | Saturday, January 3, 2015 - 13:33
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"- Steven Gerrard, 2006.
By Chaitan Papnai | Thursday, January 1, 2015 - 16:37
Within hours after the third Test between India and Australia ended in a draw at MCG, the most successful Test skipper in the history of Indian cricket announced his retirement from the longest format of the game. A captain, under whose leadership, India reached the zenith of ICC Test rankings in 2009, bid adieu to the longest format of the game.
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'