SAMARA (Russia): Sweden play England in a World Cup quarter-final in Samara on Saturday:
Where: Samara Arena
When: Saturday July 7, 1800 local (1400 GMT/1000 ET)
Referee: Bjorn Kuipers (NED)
* Despite scoring fewer goals, Sweden have had more shots on goal then England at this tournament. They have attempted 18 shots, one more than England.
* England’s Harry Kane is the top scorer at Russia 2018 so far with six goals.
* Sweden’s Marcus Berg has had 13 shots on goal during the tournament but has yet to score.
* Sweden’s Sebastian Larsson will return from suspension, but the Swedes will be without Mikael Lustig following his second yellow card of the tournament against Switzerland.
* England’s Jordan Henderson, Kyle Walker, Rueben Loftus-Cheek and Jesse Lingard are all on one booking.
* England have scored nine goals at Russia 2018. Only Belgium on 12 have scored more.
* Sweden have only conceded two goals at this tournament. Only fellow quarter-finalists Uruguay and Brazil have a better defensive record.
* Sweden have made 140 defensive clearances at Russia 2018, more than any other team.
* England’s three goals from set pieces is the most at the tournament. However, they have also conceded twice in similar situations, including Colombia’s last-minute equalizer in the last 16.
* England’s win over Colombia on penalties in the last 16 was their first ever World Cup penalty shootout success. They had lost the three previous shootouts they had been involved in.
* The last time the teams met in 2012, Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored four goals as Sweden beat England 4-2 in a friendly.
Previous meetings: In 24 meetings between the sides, England have won eight times and Sweden seven. Both previous World Cup meetings between the sides have finished in draws, most recently in 2006.