`Angry` Messi accuses `certain media` of lying over `gesture` report
London: Barcelona star Lionel Messi has reportedly expressed his unhappiness over reports that he made a gesture after being substituted in Barcelona`s 4-1 win at home to Real Sociedad.
Messi scored his seventh league goal of the season in the win but was taken off by coach Gerardo Martino with 10 minutes left, following which, a Spanish report claimed that Messi was unhappy with being replaced and had made a gesture.
However, an angry Messi said that `certain media tell lies`, adding that he did not make any gesture when he came off.
According to Messi, although no player likes to be replaced, it must be accepted as being made in the team`s interests, adding that he is angry over the fact that certain media tell lies about any situation that happens around him.
Barcelona has won all six La Liga games but is only ahead of Atletico Madrid on goal difference after they held on to beat Osasuna 2-1, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read