`Angry` Messi accuses `certain media` of lying over `gesture` report
London: Barcelona star Lionel Messi has reportedly expressed his unhappiness over reports that he made a gesture after being substituted in Barcelona`s 4-1 win at home to Real Sociedad.
Messi scored his seventh league goal of the season in the win but was taken off by coach Gerardo Martino with 10 minutes left, following which, a Spanish report claimed that Messi was unhappy with being replaced and had made a gesture.
However, an angry Messi said that `certain media tell lies`, adding that he did not make any gesture when he came off.
According to Messi, although no player likes to be replaced, it must be accepted as being made in the team`s interests, adding that he is angry over the fact that certain media tell lies about any situation that happens around him.
Barcelona has won all six La Liga games but is only ahead of Atletico Madrid on goal difference after they held on to beat Osasuna 2-1, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?