`Barcelona should sell Messi now they have Neymar`
Madrid: Barcelona icon Johan Cruyff feels the Catalans should consider cashing in on Lionel Messi now they have brought Neymar on board.
The Liga champions signed Neymar in a deal worth 57 million euros earlier this summer and Cruyff envisages problems following the former Santos star`s arrival.
"With Neymar on board, I would have planned for the possibility of selling Messi. Some would agree with me and others would not," Cruyff told Marca.
"Neymar`s arrival could cause problems. Just look at free kicks for example. Neymar is very good at taking them. And Messi has already shown he is great, too. Who`s going to take them..."
"Or the fact that Neymar and Barcelona are with Nike while Leo is with Adidas. These are situations that could cause problems.
"You are talking about a team, its players, the things around it. There are too may things at stake. That`s why it`s so difficult to manage such a top class squad.
"Neymar is talented, but we will have to wait and see how he gets along with the rest of the squad. I would not have taken the risk of bringing in Neymar."
Messi has a contract with Barcelona until June 2018, while Neymar recently inked a five-year deal, too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!