`Betrayed` Suarez refuses to apologise to Liverpool following row with Rodgers
London: Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has said in response to Brendan Rodgers demand to apologise to the club that he has no plans to do so and insists there is no way back for him at Anfield.
According to the Mirror, although Rodgers is adamant that Liverpool will not sell the player to Arsenal, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is still hopeful a deal can be struck.
Liverpool boss Rodgers has insisted Suarez, currently frozen out and training on his own, will not be allowed rejoin his team mates until he apologises both publicly and privately for his claims that promises made when he agreed to stay at Anfield last summer have been broken, the report said.
Suarez is understood to feel his relationship with Rodgers has completely broken down and is adamant there will be no apology as he feels betrayed by the manager over what he claims was a gentlemen`s agreement to sell if Liverpool had an offer from a Champions League club, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister