`Betrayed` Suarez refuses to apologise to Liverpool following row with Rodgers
London: Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has said in response to Brendan Rodgers demand to apologise to the club that he has no plans to do so and insists there is no way back for him at Anfield.
According to the Mirror, although Rodgers is adamant that Liverpool will not sell the player to Arsenal, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is still hopeful a deal can be struck.
Liverpool boss Rodgers has insisted Suarez, currently frozen out and training on his own, will not be allowed rejoin his team mates until he apologises both publicly and privately for his claims that promises made when he agreed to stay at Anfield last summer have been broken, the report said.
Suarez is understood to feel his relationship with Rodgers has completely broken down and is adamant there will be no apology as he feels betrayed by the manager over what he claims was a gentlemen`s agreement to sell if Liverpool had an offer from a Champions League club, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- NASA's Viking mission data to unfold Mars' mystery
- Kolkata: Boy found killed after party at Amit Chaudhuri's house, author denies knowing him
- 1 killed, dozen hurt in building collapse after cylinder blast
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' officially wraps production