`Betrayed` Suarez refuses to apologise to Liverpool following row with Rodgers
London: Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has said in response to Brendan Rodgers demand to apologise to the club that he has no plans to do so and insists there is no way back for him at Anfield.
According to the Mirror, although Rodgers is adamant that Liverpool will not sell the player to Arsenal, Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is still hopeful a deal can be struck.
Liverpool boss Rodgers has insisted Suarez, currently frozen out and training on his own, will not be allowed rejoin his team mates until he apologises both publicly and privately for his claims that promises made when he agreed to stay at Anfield last summer have been broken, the report said.
Suarez is understood to feel his relationship with Rodgers has completely broken down and is adamant there will be no apology as he feels betrayed by the manager over what he claims was a gentlemen`s agreement to sell if Liverpool had an offer from a Champions League club, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued