`Drunk` Gazza threatened to jump into sea after casino throw-out
London: Troubled football legend Paul Gascoigne had reportedly threatened to throw himself into the sea in the middle of the night from a pier, after a drunken night out.
According to the Mirror, after the sobbing Gascoigne called his family informing them of his intention, his frantic relatives immediately alerted his friends as well as staff at a clinic near his flat where he has been treated for his alcoholism.
The report further said that the searchers eventually found the former England and Newcastle star wandering on Boscombe Pier, where he ended up after being asked to leave a casino in the city centre when he became abusive, at 4am on Wednesday and took him back to his Bournemouth home, adding that he had not been seen since.
Gascoigne`s friends have said that the former footballer is now in the worst physical and mental state they have seen after a week of drunken incidents, adding that they want him to realise that he has one more chance to save himself.
The have further said that Gascoigne seems to have accepted that he will end up like troubled football legend George Best, who died after years of alcohol abuse, although he had reportedly told a friend that he had been off alcohol for a few days and is determined to win his battle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test