`Frustrated` Premier League chief blames FA for England`s failure in international events
London: Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore has reportedly expressed frustration over his organisation being blamed for England`s failure at major tournaments and has said that the Football Association is to be held accountable for it.
Scuadamore, on the recent allegations that Premier League is culpable for England`s failure, said that it frustrates him because the organisation is putting on a competition that the best players in the world want to come and play in.
In the recent criticism of the Premier League, England manager, Roy Hodgson, complained about two big matches, Liverpool v Manchester United and Arsenal v Tottenham, being moved to 1 September for live television five days before the national team play Moldova at Wembley in the first of two crucial World Cup qualifiers.
He further said that the idea of an England team going to be put together that will somehow beat the world is logically and mathematically implausible and further questioned the accountability of FA for England`s failures.
A report said that Scudamore is also determined to fight any attempt from FIFA to move the 2022 World Cup from summer to winter which President Sepp Blatter is aiming at.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...