`I`m not some super-trainer` - Guardiola plays down Bayern expectations
Munich: Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has attempted to dampen expectations ahead of his first season at the club.
The German side won the Champions League, Bundesliga and DFB-Pokal last season, losing just three games in all competitions under the guidance of Jupp Heynckes.
Guardiola himself enjoyed remarkable success in his four-year stint at the helm of Barcelona, but he insists he should not be considered a "super-trainer" as he attempts to continue his impressive coaching career at the Allianz Arena.
"It’s not easy always having to win. People believe we’ll win 6-0 or 7-0, but that’s just not possible. The supporters want more and more and more, but I have only been with the team for six to seven weeks, I need more time. I’m just a normal coach, I’m not some super-trainer," he told reporters.
Bayern suffered a 4-2 defeat to Borussia Dortmund in the DFL-Supercup in Guardiola`s first competitive fixture in charge.
The Bavarian club will get their Bundesliga campaign under way against Borussia Monchengladbach on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- PM Narendra Modi to hold NITI Aayog meeting for 15-year vision today
- Rio Games 2016: Hopes rest on Usain Bolt to lead athletics out of doping darkness
- Mayawati-Dayashankar Singh row: BJP women leaders to protest in Lucknow against BSP today
- Delhi Police arrests DP Yadav in connection with betting racket
- Sushma Swaraj to make last ditch effort to save Indian facing execution in Indonesia today