`If PSG want Cristiano Ronaldo, we`ll call Perez`: Al Khelaifi
London: The Real Madrid attacker has been linked with a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu, but the Parisians` president is adamant any move will go through the proper channels.
Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al Khelaifi has insisted that his side will not make a move for Cristiano Ronaldo without first consulting Real Madrid.
The Portuguese is said to be unhappy at the Santiago Bernabeu, with the Ligue 1 leaders reported to be ready to swoop and add him to their all-star cast of acquisitions.
"Ronaldo plays for Real Madrid, and I have a lot of respect for their president," Al Khelaifi is quouted as saying by AS.
"So, if I want Cristiano to join PSG, first and foremost, I will call Florentino [Perez]."
Los Blancos coach Jose Mourinho has also been linked with a move to the French capital, but Al Khelaifi has insisted that Carlo Ancelotti has his complete confidence.
"I think Mourinho has made his situation at Real Madrid clear, and has said that he will only leave after winning the Champions League.
"We currently have Carlo Ancelotti, and we trust him completely."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why