`Italian football not fighting racism`
Rome: Former Juventus and Arsenal midfielder Patrick Vieira has accused Italian football of not wanting to fight racism.
The 36-year-old played in Italy between 2005 and 2010, and insisted that it is inevitable that black players will continue to be subjected to abuse, reports Xinhua.
"I believe that Italy doesn`t want to fight racism," he said. "For me, that is clear."
"I don`t want England to get where Italy is, because Italy will never fight against it."
"As a black player, if you go to play in Italy, you have to expect that you will be racially abused and you have to accept it, " he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj