`Italian football not fighting racism`
Rome: Former Juventus and Arsenal midfielder Patrick Vieira has accused Italian football of not wanting to fight racism.
The 36-year-old played in Italy between 2005 and 2010, and insisted that it is inevitable that black players will continue to be subjected to abuse, reports Xinhua.
"I believe that Italy doesn`t want to fight racism," he said. "For me, that is clear."
"I don`t want England to get where Italy is, because Italy will never fight against it."
"As a black player, if you go to play in Italy, you have to expect that you will be racially abused and you have to accept it, " he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog