`Keep opposition in mind while organising practice session`
Mumbai: National football coach Wim Koevermans on Wednesday demonstrated various match related situations -- both in theory and practical sessions -- as the AIFF coaching seminar gathered further shape in Navi Mumbai.
"All practice sessions need to be organised keeping the opposition in mind. The players need to be taught and encouraged to express match related behavior while in practice," he stressed which the 65 participants took note of.
"As coaches, all of us need to develop our own concept and prepare likewise. The build-up stays the most integral part," he opined.
Koevermans who was speaking on `How to play various systems?` often turned to the drawing board to explain what he was referring to.
"The aim is to find that extra spare man in the midfield. You always have to find one ? at any cost," he added, as he explained various formations and how to counter them on the field.
He backed all the theories with a practical demonstration later at the Father Agnel ground where the first AIFF Regional Academy is based.
Earlier in the day, technical director Rob Baan conducted another practical session -- `Skill Development` from `Technique to Tactics`.
Understanding that modern coaching needs to work hand in hand with Medical Science, there was a separate session conducted by Dr. Manabendra Bhattacharya, Medical Consultant, AIFF.
A sports medicine expert with over 30 years of experience, Bhattacharya made a presentation on `Medical Care and treatment of Youth Players`, including age verification, where he stressed on monitoring of basic health parameters and emergency situations on the pitch.
He urged the coaches to be extra cautious in case of match related injuries and react immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!